Potential risks of information theft or misuse by users are reduced by the use of virtualization systems, which also reduce the disruption and the administrative workload, and simplify licensing policy. The implementation of virtual workstations, which we offer under the trade name DPDC RapidPC, is also an environmentally friendly investment that reduces the energy consumption of individual workstations and servers.

Workstation and desktop virtualization

Central administration, savings on electricity and hardware maintenance, but above all the ability to connect to the workplace at any time and from anywhere. It’s no wonder that workstation virtualization and desktop virtualization, i.e. user endpoints, is a trend. The principle of workstation virtualization consists in converting its physical form (for example, a laptop) into a virtual form, where the operating system and all applications do not run on a specific device, but on a powerful central server.

Thus, on the desk in the office there is only a monitor and a small device with low power consumption (so-called thin-client or zero-client), which mediates the image and control of the virtual workplace.

The virtual workstation can then be connected to a laptop, tablet or mobile phone via low-maintenance software. The visual appearance of the work environment itself is identical to the one the user is familiar with.

In addition to financial savings, the virtual workstation solution has other advantages:

  • Management is central and therefore simple. Thanks to virtualization, it is easy not only to update, but also to assign rights and scale the performance of individual virtual workstations.
  • Setting up and customizing a new workstation is quick and easy.
  • Data is safe. Because it is stored on central server storage and not physically on disk.

Server virtualization

Mail server, file server, web server… A typical company needs several servers to function. However, each of these servers uses only 15% of its computing power for work. The remaining 85% does not generate any computational value, but consumes electricity and costs a lot of money for maintenance.

Server virtualization solves this problem. Virtualization makes it possible to run multiple virtual servers on a single physical server. Computing power utilization increases, and the cost of operating and maintaining physical servers decreases. In addition, server virtualization has other advantages:

  • Your data is more secure on the virtual server.
  • Administration and management are easier. Everything is done from one place on a web interface.
  • Virtual servers can be cloned to create several new servers simultaneously in a matter of minutes.

In addition, the load can be distributed automatically thanks to virtualization – for truly optimal utilization. And there’s no need to worry about possible downtime either. The virtual environment can be configured so that another hypervisor takes over virtualization in the event of a failure.  In any emergency, you can rely on server virtualization to do its job. Implementation is fast – thanks to VMware vSphere technology – and your services will always be available, your data secure and your operations profitable.

Data storage virtualization

Management is simpler, data more accessible and operations less demanding. Data storage virtualization can make data storage more efficient. Virtual data storage is not dependent on specific hardware, and by combining multiple disparate storage systems into a single entity, management is significantly easier.

In addition, virtual data storage significantly increases the availability of stored information. Users can access their data from anywhere and at any time. This is not possible with traditional physical storage with fixed capacity allocated for specific purposes. Virtual storage also enables scheduled snapshots, extends the possibilities of data replication and migration, protects data from unauthorized access and allows you to resize data volumes according to the requirements of individual servers.

Turn your data center into a virtual space and streamline the management and utilization of your data storage.